A big thank you to all the Brisbane Bookfesters who attended our January event. You raised a whopping $1.4 million for the 24-hour Lifeline 13 11 14 Crisis Support Line – saving lives one book at a time.
Our next Brisbane Bookfest is in June, when we will bring you another nine massive days to browse the 4.5 kilometres of tables holding up 22 semi-trailer loads of books, as well as comics, magazines, records, stationery, puzzles, DVDs, CDs, vinyl, board games, sheet music and more.
We’ll be updating this page with more details closer to the date, so stay tuned.
When and where
Saturday, June 15, to Sunday, June 23, 2019.
Entry is free; books from just $1
- Check out the comfy Lifeline Revive Zone, where you and the kids can kick back with a good read before heading back into the fray.
- Find out more about the wonderful work of Lifeline at the Information Stand.
Prizes and competitions
- Hire a trolley for as long as you like for $2.
- BYO bags or purchase an enviro bag for $1.
- Food and drink available for purchase.
- EFTPOS available.
- ATMs on main exhibition concourse.
- View our Brisbane Bookfest map to plan your day.
Parking and transport
- Catch the train to South Brisbane Railway Station, bus to the Cultural Centre Station or ferry to South Bank Terminal
- Park at the venue or on the surrounding streets
- Taxi rank directly outside the venue.
The books are divided into categories for ease of browsing:
Art/Music, Australiana, Biography, CDs, Children’s, Comics, Cooking, DVDs, Family, Foreign Language, Games/Puzzles, Hardback Fiction, Health, History, Humour/New Age, Lifestyle, Literature/Classics, Magazines, Paperback Fiction, Rare and Collectables, Records, Reference, Religion, Science Fiction, Science/Politics, Sports, Stationery, Textbooks, Travel, True Crime, War/Vehicles, Young Adult
We would be delighted to accept your donation! Thanks so much for thinking of us.
Donating at the event
You can donate your books at the Brisbane Bookfest, so please see one of our volunteers at the event for assistance.
We welcome donations all year round through your nearest:
Lifeline Drought Appeal
You can’t make it rain but you can bring relief. Your help means someone is at the end of the line when drought-affected farmers call Lifeline for support.