Visiting a Lifeline Shop will look a little bit different.
Our priority is the health and safety of our team members, volunteers and the people in our community, and we will continue to take the advice from Queensland Health and Australian Government officials.
Each Lifeline store has a COVID-19 Safe Plan in place which includes:
- from Tuesday, June 29, masks are mandatory at Lifeline shops.
- limiting the number of customers inside our store.
- closing alternate fitting rooms where there are multiple rooms in close proximity.
- limiting the number of customers allowed in the changing area at a time so that physical distancing requirements can be met.
- providing staff and volunteers with appropriate PPE.
- ensuring contactless transactions take place for donations and payments.
Please note we prefer cashless payments to ensure contactless transactions.
Thank you for your understanding and we appreciate your support during this time.
Learn more about Lifeline
Donate clothes and furniture
When you donate to Lifeline you’re helping save lives. The sale of quality, pre-loved items helps fund the 24-hour 13 11 14 Lifeline Crisis Support Line. All items — whether large or small — have the potential to make a difference.
Volunteer at a Lifeline Shop
We couldn't run our Lifeline Shops without the help of our incredible volunteers. Across Queensland, we rely on around 2,500 volunteers to help keep our Lifeline Shops going, but we're always looking for more!
Lifeline Crisis Support
13 11 14 is a confidential telephone crisis support service available 24/7. Anyone across Australia who’s in crisis or thinking about suicide can contact Lifeline from a landline, payphone or mobile. Our trained volunteers are ready to listen without judgement to provide support and referrals.