We are following guidance from Queensland Health to keep our staff, volunteers and customers safe.
Please use our Lifeline Shop locator to find out about your local store.
To keep our employees, volunteers and customers safe, we have implemented a number of social distancing measures to ensure the health and safety for everyone entering our stores.
Our Lifeline 13 11 14 Crisis Line remains open 24/7 to support Queenslanders in crisis. Through COVID-19, we’re here for you.
Our Lifeline shops
We have more than 130 Lifeline Shops across Queensland – plus our Lifeline Queensland online op shop – which sell donated goods, like clothing, books, furniture and bric-a-brac, to raise funds for our counselling and support services.
We have many types of shops all over Queensland, including:
- Lifeline Queensland online op shop – more than 8,000 items in more than 120 categories.
- Lifeline Superstores — selling bigger variety of clothes and larger furniture items
- Lifeline Shops — selling mainly clothes and at times smaller furniture items and household items
- Book Shops — selling just second-hand books
Lifeline Shops exist from the generosity of the local community — when you donate your good quality, pre-loved items to Lifeline they are sold to help raise vital funds for the 24-hour Lifeline Crisis Support Line 13 11 14.
Shopping at Lifeline makes you truly feel as if you have taken an active step to help save lives.
When you buy second-hand at Lifeline Shops you have the ability to stand out from the rest of the crowd.
Visiting a Lifeline Shop will look a little bit different.
Our priority is the health and safety of our team members, volunteers and the people in our community, and we will continue to take the advice from Queensland Health and Australian Government officials.
Each Lifeline store has a COVID-19 Safe Plan in place which includes:
- limiting the number of customers inside our store.
- closing alternate fitting rooms where there are multiple rooms in close proximity.
- limiting the number of customers allowed in the changing area at a time so that physical distancing requirements can be met.
- providing staff and volunteers with appropriate PPE.
- ensuring contactless transactions take place for donations and payments.
Please note we prefer cashless payments to ensure contactless transactions.
Thank you for your understanding and we appreciate your support during this time.
Learn more about Lifeline
Donate clothes and furniture
When you donate to Lifeline you’re helping save lives. The sale of quality, pre-loved items helps fund the 24-hour 13 11 14 Lifeline Crisis Support Line. All items — whether large or small — have the potential to make a difference.
Volunteer at a Lifeline Shop
We couldn't run our Lifeline Shops without the help of our incredible volunteers. Across Queensland, we rely on around 2,500 volunteers to help keep our Lifeline Shops going, but we're always looking for more!
Lifeline Crisis Support
13 11 14 is a confidential telephone crisis support service available 24/7. Anyone across Australia who’s in crisis or thinking about suicide can contact Lifeline from a landline, payphone or mobile. Our trained volunteers are ready to listen without judgement to provide support and referrals.