Brisbane we are back – bringing you over a million books across 10 massive days – all to raise vital funds for Lifeline. Gather your fellow book lovers to browse the 4.5 kilometres of tables holding up 22 semi-trailer-loads of books!
But it’s not just books up for grabs at the Lifeline Bookfest Brisbane. You’ll also find comics, magazines, records, stationery, puzzles, DVDs, CDs, vinyl, board games, sheet music and more.
Come early – we restock regularly throughout Bookfest, but the most popular books always sell out quickly.
Where and when
When: 18 - 27 January, 2020
Saturday 18th January, 7.30am — 6pm
19th to 28th January, 8.30am — 6pm
Entry is free; books from just $1
- Hire a trolley for as long as you like for $2.
- BYO bags or purchase an enviro bag for $1.
- Food and drink available for purchase.
- EFTPOS available.
- ATMs on main exhibition concourse.
- Bookfest floor plan – coming soon!
Parking and transport
- Catch the train to South Brisbane Railway Station, bus to the Cultural Centre Station or ferry to South Bank Terminal
- Park at the venue or on the surrounding streets
- Taxi rank directly outside the venue.
The books are divided into categories for ease of browsing:
Art/Music, Australiana, Biography, CDs, Children’s, Comics, Cooking, DVDs, Family, Foreign Language, Games/Puzzles, Hardback Fiction, Health, History, Humour/New Age, Lifestyle, Literature/Classics, Magazines, Paperback Fiction, Rare and Collectables, Records, Reference, Religion, Science Fiction, Science/Politics, Sports, Stationery, Textbooks, Travel, True Crime, War/Vehicles, Young Adult
We would be delighted to accept your donation! Thanks so much for thinking of us.
Donating at the event
You can donate your books at the Brisbane Bookfest, so please see one of our volunteers at the event for assistance.
We welcome donations all year round through your nearest: