Family Support Program is a free early intervention program aimed at keeping vulnerable families together by giving parents the tools to safely care for their children, nurture them and make them feel loved and emotionally secure.
Through parenting advice and practical support, we assist families with a wide range of issues including trauma, housing, financial hardship, social isolation, domestic and family violence, substance use, a lack of knowledge on healthy parenting strategies and much more.
Cairns Family Support Program
1A/127 Anderson St,
(07) 3253 4000
With a strong focus on parenting, we provide direct personal and family support for families living in Cairns, Townsville and the Sunshine Coast. We help parents understand how they can be the best parents possible, helping them to problem solve and make positive choices to protect their child and improve their child’s wellbeing.
- Education on positive parenting programs, such as Bringing Up Great Kids and Circle of Security.
- Help to set goals and build on strengths to achieve them.
- Practical support, such as transport to appointments and help with financial issues.
- Counselling in some instances.
- Outreach services.
- Links to other local support services and community groups.
We provide care to families with children under the age of 16.
We take self-referrals, and referrals from schools, the police and other community organisations. The best way to get in touch with us is to call us on (07) 3253 4000 (Cairns); 1300 096 203 (Townsville); or (07) 5452 9700 (Sunshine Coast). Otherwise, complete the form below.