Please note: We do not take self-referrals by parents or carers. Clients must be referred to us by the Department of Child Safety, Seniors and Disability Services.
Offering a safe, sympathetic and reassuring environment for children, our counsellors are trained professionals in managing childhood trauma, and emotional, behavioural and social struggles caused by abuse.
- Offer counselling for parents and carers to voice their concerns and help them better understand the impact of abuse on children.
- Provide family-focused coping mechanisms to manage trauma symptoms and provide strategies to effectively respond to ongoing issues.
- Link in with other services and provide referrals to ensure holistic support.
The length of time a child will need counselling depends on the complexity of their needs. We aim to work through their recovery as quickly as possible – however, we always move at the child’s pace.
- Children and young people under 18 who have experienced abuse and neglect.
- Children 12 years or younger with sexual behaviour issues.
- Non-offending family members.
HOPES is a free service to clients referred by the Department of Child Safety, Seniors and Disability Services from the following Child Safety Service Centres. Child Safety Officers can call (07) 5579 6000 (Gold Coast) or (07) 3270 6400 (Logan) to speak with one of our counsellors about making a referral.
- Browns Plains
- Logan Central
Gold Coast centre
- Mermaid Beach