Support for flood affected families

If you live in Gladstone Local Government Area and your home was affected by flooding you may be eligible for a grant to help make your property more flood resilient.

Funding options

There are three funding options available. The one that is most suitable for you will depend on your home and your personal circumstances.

  1. Resilient Retrofit Program
    • Incorporate flood resilient design and materials in liveable rooms or areas
    • Raise or relocate services essential to the continued liveability of the home
    • You can apply for funding for up to $50,000
    • If the cost exceeds $50,000 you will need to contribute on a dollar-for-dollar basis.
  2. Home Raising Program
    • Raise your habitable floors to meet or exceed the required assessed flood level, as prescribed by the relevant local government planning scheme
    • Move your home on the same parcel of land (to higher ground)
    • You can apply for funding of up to $100,000
    • If the cost of the works is estimated to exceed $100,000 you will be required to co-contribute on a dollar-for-dollar basis.
Discuss my options

To be eligible:

  • Your home is within the Gladstone Government Area.
  • The home is a residence. 
  • You're the homeowner/landlord, or an authorised party acting on behalf of the owner of the home. 
  • The building envelope was inundated by water as a result of an eligible flooding event.
Ask about my eligibility

About the Resilient Homes Fund

Uniting Care is working with the Resilient Homes Fund, through the Service Navigator Program. We can help you through the process.  
Read more about the Resilient Homes Fund.

Please contact Patrick for more information
Mobile: 0459 334 793

Apply now

We can help you apply for funding, contact Patrick today to discuss your options.
Registrations of interest for the Resilient Homes Fund closes midnight Sunday 30 July 2023.

This project is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.