Men’s behaviour change programs
UnitingCare is committed to addressing domestic and family violence and offers the following programs for men who use violence.
- Men Stopping Violence Program: Ipswich and West Moreton, ph: 07 3816 9623; Mackay, ph: 1300 096 203
- Men Choosing Change, including Walking with Dads Program: Maroochydore and Gympie, ph: 07 5452 9797; Caboolture and Moreton Bay, ph: 07 5428 4200 ; Hervey Bay and Maryborough, ph: 07 4191 3100
- The Queensland Centre for Domestic and Family Violence Research (QCDFVR) contributes to the prevention of domestic and family violence by informing, promoting and supporting the actions of individuals, communities, services and governments through research, evaluation and knowledge creation, sector support and education and training. Read more about the findings from the evaluation of UnitingCare Men’s Behaviour Change Programs delivered within five regions across Queensland.
Domestic and family violence crisis accommodation and support services for women and children
Domestic and family violence counselling for children, individuals and families
UnitingCare has a range of counselling services across the state to support people who have experienced domestic and family violence.
- Sunshine Coast Integrated Family Response Service: Maroochydore and Gympie, ph: 07 5452 9797
- Family and Individual Counselling: Ipswich, ph: 07 3816 9623
- Child, Adolescent and Family Counselling: Cairns, ph: 07 4032 6800
- Specialised Family Violence Service: Hervey Bay, Kingaroy and Maryborough, ph: 07 4191 3100