The Escaping Violence Payment program (EVP) program can help you move forward and set up a home free of violence.
The payment is available if you are:
- Australian citizen, permanent resident or holder of a protected special category visa living in Australia
- 18 years or over
- Experiencing financial stress and have not accessed EVP in the last 12 months
- Planning to change or have changed your living arrangements within the last 12 weeks due to intimate partner violence
All of the requirements detailed here must be met in order to be eligible.
That violence can be:
- Physically, verbally or sexually abusive
- Emotionally, spiritually or psychologically abusive
- Economically abusive
- Threatening, coercive, or seeks to control or dominate the other person.
If you are looking to leave a violent partner, or have recently left and you are struggling with the finances to live your life in safety, you could be eligible for:
- Up to $1500 in financial assistance such as vouchers for essential items
- Goods and services such as removalists, bonds or basics for a new home
- Wrap-around support including casework from the EVP provider.