The Escaping Violence Payment program (EVP) is available to anyone who is experiencing violence from their partners.
This includes violent or threatening behaviour that is:
- Physically, verbally or sexually abusive
- Emotionally, spiritually or psychologically abusive
- Economically abusive
- Threatening, coercive, or seeks to control or dominate the other person.
If you are looking to leave a violent partner, or have recently left and you are struggling with the finances to live your life in safety, you could be eligible for:
- Up to $1500 in financial assistance such as vouchers for essential items
- Goods and services such as removalists, bonds or basics for a new home
- Wrap-around support including casework from the EVP provider.
To find out more on the EVP, including how to access it go to: Escaping Violence Program
If you are in a situation of danger now, please call 000. If you are experiencing family violence and need immediate support or advice, call 1800 RESPECT.