UnitingCare is committed to being a client safe, client-friendly organisation for all people who come into contact with our services.
Our Client Safe Review Team represents our commitment to client safety. Our highly experienced team monitors client safety and identifies immediate improvements to assure you of our expected standards of quality care.
The Client Safe Review Team:
- Proactively monitors client safety and identifies immediate improvements required
- Implements the child safe, Child Friendly Risk Management Framework
- Monitors client safe incidents
- Contributes to a Royal Commission Working Group into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- Undertakes external reviews of specific client safe incidents, when necessary
- Looks for ways that wider protections can be strengthened for vulnerable clients
- Undertakes individual advocacy for client safety
- Implements a Quality Framework
- Provides advice and support to staff on improving client safety
What concerns can you report to the Client Safe Review Team?
If you see or hear any abuse, neglect, injuries, physical harm towards clients or children or feel concern about your safety within the services, you can report your concern to the Client Safe Review Team.
Who can contact the Client Safe Review Team?
Any person who comes into contact with our services can contact us, including:
- Young people in residential care
- Adults with disabilities or their family members
- Client families or significant stakeholders
- Clients accessing community services, counselling services, family support services and homelessness services
Client safety is our number one priority. If you are concerned about anything you see, hear or feel in relation to client safety, please get in touch with us.