Looking to recruit someone who will truly make a difference in your workplace? You have come to the right place.
For more than 25 years, UnitingCare’s Employment Service has been supporting local businesses to build their teams and grow their business. We provide tailored employment solutions for businesses of all sizes across the Toowoomba and Lockyer valley.
Our services are free and aim to save you time and money with recruitment costs by providing:
- Tailored recruitment of ready-to-work job seekers
- Pre-employment screening and assessment
- Capacity building and preparation for work training of all candidates, tailored to specific placements
- Ongoing support for employers and candidates post-placement, including monitoring, training and issue-resolution
- Workplace modifications and assessment services
- Workplace disability awareness training and education.
Your business is our business. We take the time to really understand your requirements, and what you need from your team in order for your business to be successful. We work closely with our job seekers to prepare them for work and ensure their success, so we have a strong understanding of the strengths and capabilities of our candidates. This means you can be confident we’re able to match you with people who are a good fit for your business.
UnitingCare can also help you make the most of specialised services and government incentives, such as wage subsidies or workplace modifications. Ask us how.
Being a disability friendly workplace is good for business. More than 4 million people in Australia are living with a disability, which is large pool of potential knowledge, talent and experience that could benefit your business. And being a disability-friendly workplace is a great way to positively promote your business within the local community.
Job Access describes employees with a disability as:
- Reliable: People with a disability take fewer days off, take less sick leave and have higher retention rates than other employees
- Productive: Once in the right job, people with a disability perform equally as well as other employees
- Affordable: Recruitment, insurance cover and compensation costs are lower and there are fewer compensation incidents at work for people with a disability compared with other employees
- Good for business: People with a disability build strong relationships with customers, build staff morale and boost team development by helping to create a diverse workplace.
What our customers say
UnitingCare and Another Life
Employing people with a disability has made the world of difference to Toowoomba’s Another Life Coffee and Wares.
UnitingCare Employment Service covers the Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley regions, with offices in Toowoomba, Gatton and Laidley. We have Outreach services in Crows Nest, Pittsworth and Oakey —and all locations are disability friendly, close to public transport and have parking available.