When you visit us for employment advice or assistance to find a job, you’ll receive a friendly, professional service tailored to your needs, abilities and goals.
For more than 25 years, we have helped thousands of people in the Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley regions to find employment – and we can do the same for you.
This is your journey and we’ll support and assist you every step of the way. Once we understand your needs, abilities and goals, we’ll work together to make it as simple and enjoyable as possible to find an employer who is the right fit for you.
Beyond job search
To make it easier for you to succeed wherever you land, UnitingCare offer a range of extra services, such as:
- Training opportunities to help you prepare for your first day
- Career counselling services
- Creating a personal employment pathway
- Tips for writing resumes, cover letters and filling out job applications
- Access to traineeships, apprenticeships and external training courses
- Specialised job searches
- Advice for negotiating workplace modifications or job re-design
- Ongoing support, assistance and training tailored to your role
- Workplace rights and entitlements information
- Referring you to other internal and external support services
- Centrelink and program registration support.
So if you’re living with a disability, injury or illness that makes it difficult to find work, our dedicated team can help. We also support Indigenous, CALD, youth, and mature-aged people looking to find the right job or opportunity.
UnitingCare can also help you make the most of specialised services and government incentives, such as workplace modifications or the Supported Wage Scheme. Ask us how.
To apply for our DES programs, you’ll need to complete a Job Capacity Assessment through Centrelink. You could be eligible if you:
- Have a disability, injury or health condition
- Are an Australian resident
- Are aged between 14 and 65 years
- Meet the minimum legal working age
- Can work at least 8 hours a week
- Aren’t studying full time.
Getting your first break in the job market is tough. By working with educators in the region, we’re helping make the transition a little smoother for when you leave school. We can do this by providing:
- Opportunities for students to complete a School-Based Traineeship
- Support during the transition to post-school open employment.
Eligible students must show that they:
- Attract additional education funding due to their disability, or
- Attend a disability special school or special education class within a mainstream school, or
- Receive the Disability Support Pension.
UnitingCare Employment Service covers the Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley regions, with offices in Toowoomba, Gatton and Laidley. We have Outreach services in Crows Nest, Pittsworth and Oakey —and all locations are disability friendly, close to public transport and have parking available.