Right now, there are children living in non-family-based residential care who desperately want and deserve the emotional warmth and security of a home and family.
UnitingCare is seeking a special brand of foster carer, prepared to devote time and energy to become a life-changer to children aged six and above. UnitingCare needs more carers from all walks of life, religions and cultures to provide homes for this older age group.
Because of the shortage of carers for this age group, we currently have a number of young people in non-family-based care. And while we have a team of dedicated people supporting these children to overcome a range of difficulties, our goal is to transition them back to families who can nurture and support them on an ongoing basis. There is no doubt they will thrive in the right family home environment.
Who we need
The rewards of the right care cannot be overstated. Foster carers can play a huge role in the emotional and physical development of these very bright children, who just need people invested in them to reach their full potential. We especially need:
- Patient, caring people (can be singles, couples or families).
- People who can care for children aged six and above.
- Safe, secure and stable family homes where children can be supported to heal from emotional and physical experiences tied to the past.
We encourage people to contact us to express their interest in becoming a foster carer in the South-East Queensland, Rockhampton and Cairns regions to support children entering the foster care system.
Support for foster carers
The UnitingCare foster and kinship care team will be with you every step of the way along your foster caring journey. You will receive:
- A high degree of intensive support.
- Access to a carer support group that offers peer support.
- Specialised advanced training and therapeutic support.
- Financial aid from the foster carer allowance.
- After-hours on-call assistance.
If you think you may be able to care for these children, we would like to hear from you.
Are you ready to care for these children in urgent need? Call us on 1300 554 240 or complete the form below and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly.