Travel with us
Booking a holiday with Beyond Borders Travel couldn’t be easier. Just decide whether you’d prefer to travel in a group or by yourself, then call us and ask for our current holiday brochure to start planning your next adventure.
There are no special criteria required to travel with us and you don’t have to already be a customer of UnitingCare. Our service is available to everyone with a disability. We've helped make choosing a holiday suitable for your needs simple – look for the transport symbols and intensity ratings in our brochure to help you find an experience that’s the right fit for you.
How it all works
I want to take a group holiday
Travelling in a small group is a great way to make new friends in a relaxed and comfortable environment. We deliberately keep our groups smaller than most other disability travel providers so that we can be more flexible with the activities and experiences on offer. Group sizes range from four to 12 people. A typical group has around five people, enabling us to tailor travel experiences to suit everyone.
We’ve hand-picked a wide range of exciting group travel packages for people with disability, from overnighters and short breaks, through to festivals and longer adventures. Check out our latest group holiday destinations now and start planning!
I want to customise my own holiday
Can’t see your dream holiday in our list? Our customised holiday option gives you the freedom to create your own unique itinerary from start to finish. Whether you want to travel locally, interstate or internationally, we can work with you to design a customised itinerary just for you. We offer fully customised holidays for:
- Individuals wanting to make new friends (we can advertise your custom holiday to other travellers to ensure the group contains at least four travellers)
If you'd like to get started on creating your own fully customised holiday, get in touch with us on 07 3867 2518.
About our prices
Here are a few important points to note before you book:
- Our prices include all support staff, accommodation, transport, main meals and the costs of all activities in the itinerary.
- Unless it says otherwise, prices are per person, and based on two people sharing a twin room. If you’d rather have your own private room, we’ll do our best to accommodate your request. This is subject to availability and there may be additional costs involved.
- All prices are based on our standard support ratios of 1:4 – one support person for every four travellers. If you require or have requested additional support, we’ll need to conduct an assessment of your support needs, which may result in a revised holiday quote.
I want to book my holiday
So you’ve found the perfect trip and you’re ready to book! Here’s what happens next:
- Get in touch with us to secure your place on the holiday. We’ll send you a booking form to complete, and information on any deposits that may be payable. Because our group sizes are small, trips can fill up very quickly, so make sure you submit your request as soon as possible.
- We’ll then assess your support requirements for the holiday you’ve selected against the resources available for that holiday. For this, we’ll need a completed individual support profile which is no more than one year old.
Please note: group holidays require a minimum number of participants to proceed. All travellers who make a booking will be notified as soon as possible when your holiday is confirmed.
Travelling with us — what you need to know
Getting to and from the departure point
All our holidays depart from and return to Brisbane, which means you’ll need to make your own travel arrangements to get to and from the departure point for your particular holiday. If you need help booking transport to get to/from the departure point, please give us a call and we can help.
Arranging travel insurance
Travel insurance is optional if you’re travelling within Australia, but if you’re travelling internationally, it’s compulsory. If you’re not sure how to book travel insurance or what needs to be covered, just let us know.
All listed holidays may have the capacity to accommodate a wheelchair — please contact us to discuss before making a booking.
Sometimes things happen and you have to postpone or cancel your trip. If you do need to cancel, make sure you submit this in writing by email or post as soon as possible. You may need to pay a cancellation fee, depending on how close to the date of travel you cancel and whether or not you’ve taken out the appropriate travel insurance.