Working with families in a safe and supportive way

Families and relationships can be challenging.


Sometimes problems arise in families that aren’t easily resolved. Sometimes two parents cannot stay living together happily or after separation.


Sometimes these kinds of challenges require intervention and advice to help maintain co-operative parent relationships, as well as strong parent-child relationships.


UnitingCare’s family relationships services work with intact and separated families to protect essential bonds between parents and their children in times of difficulty or separation in a safe and supportive way.


Our services can help individuals, couples and families improve relationship skills, prevent family breakdown or help separated families come to parenting arrangements to support children to be safe and secure.


We offer interventions and support through the following services:

Family Relationship Centres

The Family Relationship Centre (FRC) is the first port of call for families who are seeking to make their relationships better, families who are separated, or families who are going through separation. We can also assist other people who are affected by these issues, such as grandparents and other extended family members.


The FRC can provide advice and information about any relationship issue and refer you to other services that can help. For families experiencing separation, we will support you to focus on your children’s needs and work with you on the next steps. We also provide family dispute resolution sessions with the other parent or family members to develop agreements for future parenting relationships. Some of our FRCs can also help you come to property agreements.

  • How much does it cost?

    We provide information, referral, individual sessions and child consultation sessions free of charge. We provide a one-hour family dispute resolution session for free (up to four hours when interpreters are used). Fees may be charged for any further sessions, depending on your situation. When you contact the Family Relationship Centre, the staff will advise you of the fee policy.

  • Will I be safe?

    The FRCs provide a safe place for families and we will make arrangements to assist with your safety and the safety of your children. Please let our staff know if you have any safety concerns when you contact the centre.

  • How do I contact a centre?

    You can contact our three centres on the details below.

    Bundaberg Family Relationship Centre is at 5 Bingera Street, Bundaberg; servicing the Wide Bay-Burnett region and providing outreach services to Maryborough, Hervey Bay and Kingaroy.

    Phone: 1300 885 373


    Logan Family Relationship Centre is at 25 Ewing Road, Woodridge, and provides outreach services to the Redlands, Jimboomba and Beenleigh.

    Phone: 07 3442 1500


    Sunshine Coast Family Relationship Centre is at 43-45 Primary School Court, Maroochydore, and at Gympie.

    Phone: 07 5452 9700


  • Other resources

    The Family Relationship Advice Line also provides free information, advice and referral services. You can call the Family Relationship Advice Line on 1800 050 321 between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday; and 10am and 4pm, Saturday.

    Family Relationships Online provides access to information about the changes to the family law system and about family relationship issues and services available to assist families. Visit Family Relationships Online at

Parenting Orders Program/Post-Separation Co-operative Parenting

The Parenting Orders Program/Post-Separation Co-operative Parenting services help separated or divorced families who are in high conflict to work out parenting arrangements in a manner that considers a child’s best interests in establishing or maintaining relationships, while ensuring the safety of all parties.


The services help parents manage their conflict and understand the effect their conflict is having on their children. They can then develop strategies to deal more constructively with each other and manage parenting arrangements.


A variety of interventions are used, and family members, including children, can receive a range of services such as counselling, multi‑sessions or one‑off group work education.

  • How much does it cost?

    UnitingCare’s Parenting Orders/Post-Separation Co-Operative Parenting services are free of charge.

  • How do I contact a centre?

    Sunshine Coast Family Relationship Centre

    Address: 43-45 Primary School Court, Maroochydore

    Phone: 07 5452 9700



    UnitingCare – Gympie

    Address: 35 Excelsior Road, Gympie

    Phone: 07 5480 3400



    UnitingCare Ipswich & West Moreton

    Address: Level 1, Limestone St, Centre-Opposite Coles

    Phone: 07 3816 9611


    UnitingCare Logan

    Address: 25 Ewing Road, Woodridge, Logan Central

    Phone: 07 3442 1500


    UnitingCare Caboolture

    Address: 344 King Street, Caboolture

    Phone: 07 5452 9790


    UnitingCare Wide Bay-Burnett

    Address: 5 Bingera Street, Bundaberg, 94 Old Maryborough Road, Pialba

    Phone: 1300 885 373


    UnitingCare Mackay

    Address: 287 Shakespeare Street, Mackay

    Phone: 1300 096 203


Supporting Children After Separation

The Supporting Children after Separation (SCASP) Program aims to support the wellbeing of children under 18, who are from separated or separating families and are experiencing difficult family relationships. The services help children and young people deal with issues arising from the breakdown of their parents’ relationship and the circumstances in which they find themselves, and provide opportunities for them to participate in decisions that affect them.


The program provides a range of age-appropriate interventions, including individual counselling or group work for children.

Children’s Contact Services

When separated parents are unable to manage their own contact arrangements, the Children’s Contact Centre enables children to have safe contact with the parent who does not live with them.


The centre provides a safe, neutral venue for the transfer of children between separated parents; and where there is a perceived or actual risk to the child, it provides supervised contact between a child and their parent or other family member. Parents may be ordered by a court to attend Children’s Contact Services to facilitate changeover or have supervised visits with their children.

  • How much does it cost?

    The Children’s Contact Centre does charge fees, which may vary depending on your circumstances. When you contact the centre, they will discuss fees with you.

  • How do I contact a centre?

    Logan Children’s Contact Service

    Address: 25 Ewing Road, Woodridge

    Phone: 07 3442 1500

Family and Relationship Services

Family and Relationship Services provide professional services that work with individuals, couples and families to strengthen family relationships and support families going through change, such as:

  • The start of a relationship
  • The arrival of a new baby
  • Problems in a relationship
  • Separation
  • Retirement
  • Illness.

Services include counselling, family therapy, information and referral, support, education and skills training, outreach and community development.

  • How much does it cost?

    All Family and Relationship Services are delivered free of charge.

  • How do I contact a centre?

    UnitingCare Sunshine Coast
    Address: 43-45 Primary School Court, Maroochydore
    Phone: 07 5452 9700

    UnitingCare Gympie
    Address: 39 Barter Street, Gympie
    Phone: 07 5480 3400

    UnitingCare Hervey Bay
    Address: 94 Old Maryborough Road, Pialba
    Phone: 07 4191 3100

    UnitingCare Maryborough
    Address: 276 Alice Street, Maryborough
    Phone: 07 4122 9000

    UnitingCare Bundaberg
    Address: 3a River Terrace, Bundaberg
    Phone: 07 4153 8400

    UnitingCare Kingaroy
    Address: 1 Victoria Street, Kingaroy
    Phone: 07 4160 4100